The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Arts & Entertainment

Old 05-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
Belle
Seasoned Member

Spectrum TV

Has anyone taken the leap with Spectrum Bundle ? Sure is cheaper than Northland Bundle!!! They have about priced me out . Someone should have a basic senior package for us on fixed and dwindling incomes. I watch about 8 Channels as do most of my peers.
Any thoughts, comments, advice etc. about Spectrum (formerly Time-Warner) will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Belle; 05-02-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:50 AM   #2
TruePatriot

Yes, I want to subscribe as soon as I can, but they're not in Meadowlakes yet. I'm getting suspicious of a Northland - Meadowlakes contract arrangement.
TruePatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #3
Belle
Seasoned Member

Beware of a big runaround...they set appt. 3 times and 3 times stood me up. 1st time they said would be here on Sunday. No show, I could go on but you get the message. They are trying to use Hughesnet. for phone or internet, anyway they are contracting the bundles very unsucessfully.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:51 PM   #4
JakRussll
Seasoned Member

We made the switch to Spectrum in January. We were with Northland for about 8 years and I had considered changing for the past year or so. I am glad that we did. With Northland we were having an outage a couple of times a month which was frustrating. Mostly though, I got tired of the call center hassle. Last time I called not only was I passed around three times but eventually I was scheduled a service call 12 days later. What good does that do anyone? They are always short-handed
So far, we have not had one single issue with our Spectrum service. That time may come but not yet. We did the bundle with the Internet, TV and phone and the price about the same - maybe a few dollars less.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 AM   #5
Belle
Seasoned Member

Jak, what general area are you in ? My last visit with them, they said they couldn't service my area near the High School.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:02 AM   #6
rudens

I currently have frontier DSL and cannot get consistent 3-7 Mps, Spectrum not yet available in my location. Anybody have any recent experience with Northland? They have been pretty spotty in the past. Any other suggestions would be helpful.Zeecon won't work in my location.(Deerhaven).
rudens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
hyperfusion

That's right everyone, there is finally a much better internet option in Burnet, Lake Victor, Lampasas, Bertram, Briggs, Andice, and surrounding areas. TRULY broadband internet starting at $50 / month for 25/Mbps download speed and UNLIMITED connections. We DO NOT charge for data usage. We are currently fully live in Burnet and will be in Lake Victor by the time the week is out! Check out our facebook page or our website. You can easily google us at using the keywords hyper fusion tech

http://www.hyperfusiontech.com
hyperfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #8
Belle
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Has anyone taken the leap with Spectrum Bundle ? Sure is cheaper than Northland Bundle!!! They have about priced me out . Someone should have a basic senior package for us on fixed and dwindling incomes. I watch about 8 Channels as do most of my peers.
Any thoughts, comments, advice etc. about Spectrum (formerly Time-Warner) will be greatly appreciated.
I'll try again since my post was hijacked by a commercial assault...

PS: I am talking about Marble Falls.

Last edited by Belle; 09-07-2017 at 08:11 AM. Reason: addl. input