The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Dining & Shopping

Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
SportsDad
Seasoned Member

Chilis Service

Once again one of the nicest locations in Texas has let us down.

My wife and son were dinning there and the service was slow. about the time they recieved there food the table next to them, who clearly had been served way to much alcohol or should not have been served at all, come over to the table with my wife and 12 year old son. The drunk guy asked my son to pee on his friend's leg and he would pay him 10 bucks.

Really? I guess it is good I was not their, but she just got up asked for to go boxes paid and left.

Clearly Chilis does not want family business anymore!

Last edited by SportsDad; 09-01-2012 at 07:12 AM.
SportsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Gayle Alexander

And I just thought I had a bad experience when our waitress sat down in the booth with us and started crying because they were so busy and she didn't get our orders right, forgetting one completely. I was at a loss for words, which rarely happens and she was still crying with her head down on her arms when I picked up the tab and left. I doubt she lasted very long!!
Gayle Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
SportsDad
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Alexander View Post
And I just thought I had a bad experience when our waitress sat down in the booth with us and started crying because they were so busy and she didn't get our orders right, forgetting one completely. I was at a loss for words, which rarely happens and she was still crying with her head down on her arms when I picked up the tab and left. I doubt she lasted very long!!
Well, we have had several bad experiances with slow service, wrong orders, waitress forgetting about us. My wife likes chilies and so we always try and try again. This time was the last straw. My wife said the drunks were slapping women on the butts and it was pretty bad. I guess they want the bar crowd and not the family crowd. Your experiance does not surprize me either. It's too bad, they have such a great location.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
butchkemper
Seasoned Member

Rude behavior should never be tolerated - because when it is tolerated, it is condoned.

In this situation, I strongly suggest taking these actions:
  • Inform the restaurant management,
  • Call the MF PD to file a complaint - slapping a woman on the butt is assault,
  • Call the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission and file a complaint.
The restaurant is responsible for the behavior of the patrons that are served alcoholic beverages. A complaint to the TABC about the restaurant's failure to control the situation can result in the loss of their license to sell alcoholic beverages.

Butch
butchkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
SportsDad
Seasoned Member

Agreed Butch, we did notify management later. I prefer to do this after the bill is paid, otherwise they just assume you wanted a free meal and don't listen to your complaint. As far as my wife considered it. As far as the assault. This was a person I their group and it didn't appear she was offended. Tabc I believe would have difficult time doing much with this situation. Maybe MFPD needs to start doing some checks. Now granted this was about 6pm and this group was 30 to 40 year olds. Old enough to know how to act. I bet they were driving also based on there motorcycle gear. So I am sure they were all DWI after they left. If they don't know how to behave any better than that, I am sure A designated driver was not in their planning.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Reapp
Super Moderator

The person being assaulted needs to file the complaint, won't work coming from a 3rd party. You should feel free to call the PD and see if we have someone available that could do a walk-thru, 6 PM is well before the time we normally start doing those on our own. TABC has their hands tied by the bureaucrats and could most likely do nothing, it takes an act of Congress to get a license pulled nowdays.
Reapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
SportsDad
Seasoned Member

Agreed, Reapp. I know TABC can not do much and I really don't expect MFPD to do what the management at Chilis should be doing. They really need to set the environment. When people are so drunk that they are disturbing the other dinners. They should deal with it. They should call the police if needed. If they don't do it. Then they will lose the family business and become a dive bar. I am sure Chilis corporate does not want that that outcome.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Reapp
Super Moderator

Regardless, if you need us feel free to call us.
Reapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #9
Inspector

Does the Chilis in Marble Falls have either a web page or a Facebook page? If so you might post some type of complaint describing what took place and how you feel about it while trying to have a enjoyable family outing. If you do, they may take notice then again they might just blow it off.
Inspector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #10
SportsDad
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
Does the Chilis in Marble Falls have either a web page or a Facebook page? If so you might post some type of complaint describing what took place and how you feel about it while trying to have a enjoyable family outing. If you do, they may take notice then again they might just blow it off.
Yes they have a customer survey on the receipt. Put in the code from receipt and I am sure it gets back to the right location. Already done.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
Gayle Alexander

I did inform the Manager and he looked over at our booth and the waitress was still sitting there crying, with her head down. As a former truck stop waitress, I felt bad for her, but I never sat down in a customer's booth and started crying!! We didn't go back for a long time, and probably have only been two or three times since then. Service has been satisfactory those times.
Gayle Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
SportsDad
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Alexander View Post
I did inform the Manager and he looked over at our booth and the waitress was still sitting there crying, with her head down. As a former truck stop waitress, I felt bad for her, but I never sat down in a customer's booth and started crying!! We didn't go back for a long time, and probably have only been two or three times since then. Service has been satisfactory those times.
It all goes back to leadership. Short staffing or not supervising.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
K5JSW

After the Marble Falls - Burnet football game we went to Chili's for a late dinner.

The table next to us was WAY over served and were doing giant shots of something. The group was early to mid 30's. The waiter was giving the suggestions as to where to go to next. His instructions was specifically for walking to other bars on Main street. They were served two rounds after they were already impaired (based on their actions and appearance).

Another group came in and was well on there way to being in the same shape in a short period of time.

Had not been in there that late before and will most likely not be in there at that time again.

I was not impressed by the staffs decision making in these two cases.
K5JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #14
ladybug
Seasoned Member

We went to Chili's on Tuesday evening about 7:00. We were seated on the deck. They were not crowded. We watched 3 different servers come out on the deck and talk to the first table. We were never even greeted. We left after about 15 minutes without anyone even coming to take our drink order and we walked over to River City Grille. At RCG, the server followed the hostess and greeted and took our drinks as we sat down. And, I actually noticed that the hamburger that I wanted was about $1 cheaper at RCG.
ladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
mdarling
Seasoned Member

If you don't get any satisfaction from local management, it sounds like it's time to inform corporate of what is going on at this Chili's. And, I don't mean doing the survey from your receipt. Go to Chili's corporate website and file a complaint. Inform local management that you intend to file a complaint at the corporate level; maybe that will get their attention.
mdarling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dining