The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Community Discussions > City Topics > Marble Falls


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #1
Uncle4teenie
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6
Unacceptable

The Marble Falls water supply may meet all the official tests, but it fails in things they don't test for. The incredible hardness is introduced by the treatment process so that the boiler scale the water deposits blocks the heat transfer in water heaters, leaves a scale on cooking pots, and clogs shutoff valves. The stench of the liquid makes it necessary to hold your nose when you have to drink it. MF has no employee who knows how to purify water or design a treatment facility. And now they're raising the already exorbitant price of water service. It's past time we took some jobs away.
Uncle4teenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Caretaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle4teenie View Post
The Marble Falls water supply may meet all the official tests, but it fails in things they don't test for. The incredible hardness is introduced by the treatment process so that the boiler scale the water deposits blocks the heat transfer in water heaters, leaves a scale on cooking pots, and clogs shutoff valves. The stench of the liquid makes it necessary to hold your nose when you have to drink it. MF has no employee who knows how to purify water or design a treatment facility. And now they're raising the already exorbitant price of water service. It's past time we took some jobs away.
Heres what you should do. Go down to the water department and show them how to do their job. Teach them water purification. They would love the imput.. Also vote for Hillary and she will get rid of them jobs.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Uncle4teenie
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 6
I would teach them after being hired to do so. The jobs we take away should start with elected officials. And don't worry, I am going to vote for Hillary, reluctantly. We just can't have a crazy man in command of our military forces.
Uncle4teenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:13 PM   #4
Caretaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle4teenie View Post
I would teach them after being hired to do so. The jobs we take away should start with elected officials. And don't worry, I am going to vote for Hillary, reluctantly. We just can't have a crazy man in command of our military forces.
Well it seems they have an opening for a water plant operator. Go apply we could use a new face to keep our water safe to drink.
You are voting Reluctantly for hillary. Must be that there lesser of two evils logic. Can't have a crazy man in command of our military. My my.will a crazy woman be any better.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:40 AM   #5
Doublehorn
Seasoned Member
 
Doublehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingsland
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
................You are voting Reluctantly for hillary. Must be that there lesser of two evils logic. Can't have a crazy man in command of our military. My my.will a crazy woman be any better.

Can we finally talk politics?
Doublehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:19 AM   #6
Caretaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublehorn View Post
Can we finally talk politics?
Hmm. Great question.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #7
tarheel
Seasoned Member
 
tarheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublehorn View Post
Can we finally talk politics?
No, it'll get shut down soon, even though it is the only interesting thing to show up here in the last two years or so.
tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:30 AM   #8
Doublehorn
Seasoned Member
 
Doublehorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kingsland
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
No, it'll get shut down soon, even though it is the only interesting thing to show up here in the last two years or so.

Doublehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Aardvarks are cool


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Jett Fuel Productions, LLC - All Rights Reserved