The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Community Discussions > City Topics > Marble Falls


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 06:16 AM   #1
ladybutton
Seasoned Member
 
ladybutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The beautiful Texas hill country.
Posts: 390
Big-Boxing Marble Falls

A CVS pharmacy coming to Gateway -- soon? YUCK!
ladybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
tamra30
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 12
I would like to know how many trees that were more than 5" around were cut down???? We are supposed to have a city ordinance against cutting down trees..... Remember the huge, old tree cut down where Swanky shop now stands (wasn't them that cut it but the boat place) and they came back with palm trees.... seriously that was supposed to replace the 100 yr old tree.... We have IMO, a lack of enforcement in our codes, and yes they are supposed to replace the trees with the equivalent of what was cut, (not palm trees!) Sad, for the mighty dollar and business, Marble Falls is getting uglier.
tamra30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #3
butchkemper
Seasoned Member
 
butchkemper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Marble Falls, TX, USA
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamra30 View Post
I would like to know how many trees that were more than 5" around were cut down???? We are supposed to have a city ordinance against cutting down trees..... Remember the huge, old tree cut down where Swanky shop now stands (wasn't them that cut it but the boat place) and they came back with palm trees.... seriously that was supposed to replace the 100 yr old tree.... We have IMO, a lack of enforcement in our codes, and yes they are supposed to replace the trees with the equivalent of what was cut, (not palm trees!) Sad, for the mighty dollar and business, Marble Falls is getting uglier.
Well, if you really want to know about the trees then go to the Development Services office where you can see the planning documents which will show you all the information about the lot and the new building.

The information available from Development Services is far better than what is available from complaining in an on-line forum.

Butch
butchkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #4
Caretaker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchkemper View Post
Well, if you really want to know about the trees then go to the Development Services office where you can see the planning documents which will show you all the information about the lot and the new building.

The information available from Development Services is far better than what is available from complaining in an on-line forum.

Butch
Yep that is true Butch but will the Staff going to be 100% straight with people. Smoke blows up the wazoo in some departments almost as fast as trees seem to fall.
Hope you are enjoying retirement.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
butchkemper
Seasoned Member
 
butchkemper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Marble Falls, TX, USA
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
Yep that is true Butch but will the Staff going to be 100% straight with people. Smoke blows up the wazoo in some departments almost as fast as trees seem to fall.
Hope you are enjoying retirement.
Thank you for asking, retirement is good, very good.

Development Services will make all information available for review. Since, the documents are subject to open records request, all you have to do is ask to see them. However, bellyaching in an on-line forum does not count as an open records request.

All development plans are reviewed by the Planning and Zoning Commission and by the City Council. There are good people in both groups that are asking the right questions.

While government at the State and National levels, both staff and elected officials, may have questionable motives, my experience with local government, City of Marble Falls and Burnet County, is the people involved are available and sincere in their desire to to serve the community and not an agenda.

It is interesting how some view city codes as impeding the development process while others desire even more code to restrain development. Some say that code enforcement is too lax while other complain that it is too strict. You can't please everyone.

Finally, there is always opportunity at City Council meetings for Citizens to speak directly to the Council about issues. All you have to do is be present, fill out a form requesting to speak, and when the time comes on the agenda, the Council will listen. If you want to speak about an issue on the Agenda, you will have to wait until the item comes up for discussion. The Mayor always solicits input for interested parties.

Butch
butchkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Aardvarks are cool


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Jett Fuel Productions, LLC - All Rights Reserved