The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Community Discussions > City Topics > Marble Falls

Old 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Caretaker

Election Time again

Well folks its election time again. So far there seems to be only one filing to run for city council... Will anymore sign up?.Or will this be one of those quiet years where the election gets canceled and appointments made? Hmm out to be interesting.

Water District Board needs candidates as well.

Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
countryboy
Seasoned Member

Paper claims there are several that maybe running for the water board. City web shows one incumbent has filed. Seeing as there are only 4 more days to file you may see names pop up at the last minute in the hopes of being a shoe in if they have no competition.Some wait till the last minute just to be able to see who they are running against..
countryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
Caretaker

So far the tally is two incumbents signing up for re-election. Monday is the last day to sign up if yawl want to run for office. There needs to be a least two more in order to have an election. if not then it can be canceled and the seats filled with whom ever wants it.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #4
countryboy
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
So far the tally is two incumbents signing up for re-election. Monday is the last day to sign up if yawl want to run for office. There needs to be a least two more in order to have an election. if not then it can be canceled and the seats filled with whom ever wants it.

There appears to be a non incumbent who has filed to run. So does that mean they have to do an election or can it be canceled and the new name appointed?? Seems to me in order to save money they could do that.But then again you would have a non elected member.
countryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
butchkemper
Seasoned Member

In the Marble Falls City Council race, there are 4 declared candidates for 3 positions:
  • Richard Lewis - incumbent
  • Larson Lloyd -
  • Reed Norman - was on the council some years back.
  • John Packer - incumbent

The website page was updated at 1641.

When the polls close and the ballots are counted, the 3 candidates receiving the most votes will win seats.

Butch
butchkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Primadonna
Seasoned Member

Does anyone know when and where "early voting" is for the Presidential election?
Primadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
butchkemper
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna View Post
Does anyone know when and where "early voting" is for the Presidential election?
The election process is administered by the County. Start by checking the County website. You can find the County website by asking Google or your favorite search engine.

Butch
butchkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
Doublehorn
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna View Post

Early voting begins tomorrow - Monday, Oct 22nd. I plan on casting my vote first thing in the morning at 7am in my town of Kingsland at the public library.

Primadonna - check your county listings and you should easily find the nearest location for yourself.
Doublehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #9
JWebb
Seasoned Member

“I met those of our society who had votes in the ensuing election, and advised them, 1. To vote, without fee or reward, for the person they judged most worthy: 2. To speak no evil of the person they voted against: And, 3. To take care their spirits were not sharpened against those that voted on the other side.” - John Wesley, Oct 6, 1774
JWebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #10
Doublehorn
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublehorn View Post
Early voting begins tomorrow - Monday, Oct 22nd. I plan on casting my vote first thing in the morning at 7am in my town of Kingsland at the public library...........
My bad. I drove down to our library this morning & discovered that early voting hours are from 9am to 4pm.
Doublehorn is offline   Reply With Quote