The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Home & Garden

Old 08-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
mmorlino

Looking for a "jack of all trades" -- Recommendation?

Having been in the apartment business for several years, I have dealt with my fair share of contractors... and my experience as a whole has not been good.

So, in spring we'll probably be looking for someone to do some work for us -- stuff we don't feel like doing ourselves. And I thought I'd turn to you fine folks for a recommendation.

Things we need done:

Installation of 685 sq ft of engineered hardwood flooring and one small bathroom of ceramic tile. Of course removal and disposal of old flooring as well.

Finishing out a 600 sq ft workshop. Electric and plumbing will be done, just need insulation, drywall, tape/float, texture and paint.

Painting a few rooms of the house.

Will supply all materials.

Want someone who listens to what we want, fair pricing, can get it done quickly and is on time.

Any advice is much appreciated -- even people who I should avoid would be welcomed :-)
mmorlino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
concernedcit

I have had a lot of work done on a home that I purchased in 2007. Julie and Omar Garza run a business that has done a lot of work and a variety of work for me. From Small jobs to LARGE jobs. Julie (who is an interior decorator) runs the business and Omar manages the projects. Together they are a fabulous team. All of the men who work for them are honest and hard working. Like I said, they have done anything from, paint, rock work, electrical, plumbing.....to build a car port and a dock for me. Their numbers are 512-755-8332 or 512-755-3833. The fact that I have continued using them for additional jobs says a lot for me. I am very picky and have not done well with previous contractors that I have used in Houston (we are part time residents)....so to have stuck with Julie and Omar says a lot for me. If you use them you will be very happy....
concernedcit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
kern630

Here is another recommendation for you - I have been very pleased using a gentleman by the name of Thomas Jacobs for handyman work and repairs at my rental units. He is not a big company, just a man with experience in many areas (flooring, drywall, plumbing, etc) who is making an honest living to support his young family. I am on the road quite a bit and have found that when he and I come to an agreement on a job it has always been completed on time and on budget. His number is 512-203-1646
kern630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
The Working Man
Clay Clifton

Clay Clifton - The Working Man

I have just moved to the Highland Lakes area, from Austin, TX and I am a full time resident. I am prompt, reliable, and professional. I have plenty of references and a website with before and after photos. I'm a hard working Father of two and a Veteran of the U.S. Coast Guard. Please visit my website and call me if you want to give the new guy in town a shot. Thanks!

Clay Clifton
The Working Man
512-983-6162
www.claytheworkingman.com
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
thisritshop

Construction

We can do it all for you at a fair price. We have lots of references. We have been in the Highland Lakes area for many years.
Please call Steve at 325-388-0707.
Thank you and God Bless
thisritshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
mmorlino

Thank you everyone for your recommendations! I will certainly be calling upon you guys for quotes when we're ready to go ahead with this project.
mmorlino is offline   Reply With Quote