The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > The Lounge > Official Polls

View Poll Results: What do you think of the new Mustang Field?
Love it! 10 50.00%
Hate it! 0 0%
Undecided 0 0%
Waste of money! 5 25.00%
There's a new stadium?? 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Reapp
Super Moderator

New Mustang stadium

So, what are your thoughts about the new stadium at the high school?

I'm really excited that the guys/gals have a bright and shiny new field to play on, although I think the parking situation can use some work.

What are your thoughts?
Reapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
KINGCHIP
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to KINGCHIP Send a message via AIM to KINGCHIP Send a message via MSN to KINGCHIP Send a message via Yahoo to KINGCHIP
I was involved with the planning group on the new HS facilities and am almost thoroughly thrilled with the results. I thought that we should consider concrete for at least the home side bleachers thinking of upkeep, and thought we should put in a higher capacity of seating. Although we may not need it now, the cost will only increase as years go by, and we could attract larger schools play off games that would equate to more local and school revenue. Other than that, the finished product looks fantastic.

Why is the band not allowed more practice time on the field? This stadium was built for ALL by ALL, and they deserve the use also.
KINGCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Ann101

Two weeks ago when we played Fredericksburg we had to park on the visitors side b/c there was no parking on our side. Last week (before homecoming was cancelled) we had to park at the new Colt Elementary and be shuttled in on a bus b/c the parking was already full. Both times we were there before the game ever started. I wish we could have thought the parking out a little better but the stadium itself is wonderful!
Ann101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Reapp
Super Moderator

I agree, the parking needs to be re-worked - I think there may be a better plan in the works before the next home game (at least I hope there is).
Reapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
JSKR
Seasoned Member

There is little seating after all the reserved seats. Unless you get there REALLy early, you don't have a choice but the nosebleed seats. The seating is SO high, that you cannot get a good view, the kids look a bit small way down there on the field. The band doesn't sound very loud when you are sitting in the nosebleed section. You cannot see the dance team too great either because they are so far away, so small when you are sitting on the side way up high.

Also, graduation on that field was not so great. You could NOT see your kid getting his/her diploma because the stage was SO far away! You could not take a picture of it.
A solution is to move the stage up, and instead of having the kids sit in the middle facing the stage, seat half on one side of the stage and half on the other. Just pull the darn stage up for future events so we can at least SEE our kids down there. (Well, mine are done with high school but at least other parents would be able to see their kids.)

And yes, ALL kids should have EQUAL access to that field! It is not only the football players homeowners who got their taxes jacked up to pay for it. We ALL paid for it and it it's not being equally used by all of our kids, something most definitely needs to be done about that.
JSKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
ohcuriousone
Seasoned Member

Thumbs up Band on the New Field

I too believe that the stadium was built for each and every kid in the school system. The athletic dept may manage it but the band should certainly have open access to practicing on the field. They lost their practice field to the construction project, they should have more access to the field.
ohcuriousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
mdarling
Seasoned Member

Funny how this "stadium" was crammed down the throats of the voters as a extracurricular facility. Somehow, I just knew that wasn't going to happen.
mdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #8
KINGCHIP
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to KINGCHIP Send a message via AIM to KINGCHIP Send a message via MSN to KINGCHIP Send a message via Yahoo to KINGCHIP
Well I'll take some of the responsibility for the "cramming", but then that is why I brought up the other non football kids also. If it's not right, I trust that the principal and/or Dr. Warren will see that it gets right.
KINGCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #9
K5JSW

Photos of Stadium

In case you have not seen the stadium, there are some photos posted at this site.

http://www.seefromabove.com/New_Site.../IMG_7352.html

Hope you like them.
K5JSW is offline   Reply With Quote