The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Miscellaneous

Old 04-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
tonigking
Seasoned Member

Violin/Fiddle Repair

Sometime ago there was an article in the paper about or by a lady who seemed to be an expert on antique instruments who talked about never letting someone touch an instrument who was not an expert.
It seems this Lady may be from Llano or may have moved to Llano.
I am making this inquiry for a 90 y/o gentleman who has his GGrandfather's "fiddle". This Great Grandfather served in the Texas Cavalry during the Civil War, survived with his fiddle and it is in need of some repairs. What a treasure.
My friend is anxious to talk to this Lady and I would appreciate any help from anyone out there.
Thanks!
tonigking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #2
tonigking
Seasoned Member

Since posting, I have found the lady by another means. She indeed has the name of a repair expert person. I don't have that yet.
There is however a delightful group of violinists and fiddlers who apparently convene at the Feul Coffee Haus or something like that in Llano and "jam", when I find out more I will report under a different topic.
tonigking is offline   Reply With Quote