The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Public Safety

Old 07-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Belle
Seasoned Member

Burger King location

WOW! I can't believe demolition happens so fast...Did the Fire Depts. get to do their training days or was it cancelled ? If it happened, when did they do it?
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Reapp
Super Moderator

They did their training over the weekend I believe, they only had 3 days to use it before it came down.
Reapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:39 AM   #3
freedom
Seasoned Member

That was such a cool corner, MF's loses a bit more character and gains another plastic box. So it goes...
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #4
Belle
Seasoned Member

I can't imagine permits being issued for that type of business at that location. It is already a traffic nightmare. Just like the Walgreens intersection is a nightmare. Do we not have planners/engineers or whatever to consider the traffic hazards they are creating when they permit high traffic businesses ? I am glad Burger King is coming in but I don't want to get killed for burger. When the bait shop sells will we get another shortsighted , high traffic business?

Last edited by Belle; 07-20-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #5
Nomos
Seasoned Member

The traffic routing will be interesting to see. The foundation is in and the building is situated to the SW in the lot. Unless there is a light added on 281 I can't imagine how the flow will be.
Nomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #6
Caretaker

If the city would post the site plan on line like they have for other projects in the city folks could see how the traffic might flow in and out of the location. IMO the traffic will be a night mare for a while at least until users find a smarter route out.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
Caretaker

Well from the site plan there will be 3 entrances/exits. One on main , one on 281 and one on 9th. The drive through exit will also be on 9th. 36 parking spaces with two being handicapped spaces. Most spaces will border 281. The drive through looks like it is setup so once you get in line you ain't getting out if you change you mind that is unless the path is at least 11 feet wide and enough room allows to go around those in front. They should be open this fall.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:56 PM   #8
Belle
Seasoned Member

Caretaker, where did you find the site plan ?
Old 08-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #9
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Caretaker, where did you find the site plan ?
Go to the city of marble falls Web page. On the home page you will see an icon for new projects. It alliws anyone to look at new projects. BK was just added recently. There is a link which allows you to pull up the site plan