The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Miscellaneous

Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 AM   #1
freedom
Seasoned Member

At 5:00am every morning, do you hear or feel the explosions at the Huber mine?

Yes explosions, it sounds like thunder in the distance but it's Huber setting off explosive charges underground at their underground mine at the south end of Marble Falls, right behind the Austin Heart building. Sometimes the explosions are bigger than others and actually rattle my windows.

Anyone else feel it? Hear it? I'm guessing you would need to live on the South side of the bridge.
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #2
KINGCHIP
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to KINGCHIP Send a message via AIM to KINGCHIP Send a message via MSN to KINGCHIP Send a message via Yahoo to KINGCHIP
When I lived in Marble I did.

"Beware the Prophet seeking profit", Dennis Miller on Algore

Last edited by KINGCHIP; 07-27-2017 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Kant tipe ore spel
KINGCHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #3
Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Yes explosions, it sounds like thunder in the distance but it's Huber setting off explosive charges underground at their underground mine at the south end of Marble Falls, right behind the Austin Heart building. Sometimes the explosions are bigger than others and actually rattle my windows.

Anyone else feel it? Hear it? I'm guessing you would need to live on the South side of the bridge.
It's been going on for years. It is not anything new. Anyone who has lived around the blasting area should know this. Even all the new business that has popped up know or should know they blast at 5am quite often. At one time they put up large signs to inform all the newbies moving in around it but the city leaders and developers had them shrink the size of the signs down or get rid of them claiming it was scaring people away. There are developers who would like huber to shut down so they can put up their apartments ,condos etc.
Caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #4
kennedylaw
Law Guy

I am on the other side of the lake but I still hear it nearly every morning at 5. I believe they started mining there back in the 1950s.
kennedylaw is offline   Reply With Quote