The Highland Lakes of Texas
Email list
endurable-critic
Spurs info Billing Department News Department News Editor Obituaries Advertising Department Discussion Forum

Go Back   The Highland Lakes of Texas » Forums > Highland Lakes Living > Miscellaneous

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
KINGCHIP
Super Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to KINGCHIP Send a message via AIM to KINGCHIP Send a message via MSN to KINGCHIP Send a message via Yahoo to KINGCHIP
Illegal gun free signs posted

So who has been fined or ticketed for this offense? Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law. That is what you or I would be told as the ticket was handed to us for signature. Most likely nobody paid their debt for this.

Disappointed but not surprised.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
Reapp
Super Moderator

There is no criminal violation for that, it is entirely civil in nature. If you are referring to the Mayfest signs, there was no violation because the signs were not posted or authorized by the city. Someone took it upon themselves to put those out without consulting the appropriate agencies or persons. You are correct that ignorance is no excuse, people should gather all of the facts before they act/speak.

Last edited by Reapp; 05-30-2016 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
TruePatriot

No excuse for the illegal postings! There are a couple Texas DPS Certified LTC (CHL) Instructors in Marble Falls that are very knowledgeable about the laws, Statutes and Penal Codes for the State of Texas. The Statutes could have been downloaded for free (83 pages) from DPS. ORG, or purchase the booklet form for $6. I provide all my students the book free of charge, in fact I've provided some extra copies at Chamber of Commerce. There are also some excellent attorneys in MF that would gladly have advised the Council of the LTC laws (Texas DPS CHL - 16) as a courtesy. I suggest the City Council pick up a copy and READ IT! I can probably guess who made the arbitrary interpretation of the law to post those signs! The Second Amendment is our basic right, not to be shunned by certain individuals that don't happen to believe in our right to defend ourselves. I also suggest the Council to enroll in a CHL COURSE to learn about our rights and the laws of Texas! Yours truly teaches the 8 hour course free of charge to our community AND provides my personal firearms, ammunition, targets, etc., all free as a community service. You might consider taking advantage of the much needed opportunity to get informed instead of making rash self imposed rules for our citizens in our community. Yes, you guessed it, I'm disgusted what our Federal and some local governments try to determine what's "best" for us!
Old 05-31-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
Reapp
Super Moderator

Once again, the signs were not posted by the city, not sure why that is so hard to understand.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:44 AM   #5
Nomos
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapp View Post
Once again, the signs were not posted by the city, not sure why that is so hard to understand.
Because ... well, you know who TruePatriot is and he can be reading-challenged.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #6
TruePatriot

Yeah, I get it. I get that no one thought about checking with our own MF attorneys or with Chief Whittington or other local knowledgeable persons before going off to some contract people for erroneous information and advice. Sound fishy?
Old 06-01-2016, 08:19 AM   #7
TruePatriot

The complete Statute is available free of charge from the Texas DPS free of charge. CHL - 16 License to Carry A Firearm, includes the laws, Statutes and Penal Codes. But one must take time to READ the entire 83 pages to learn the law! Yeah, I get it! Try reading it first before paying for outside advice as was the case. Wonder who made the decision to do that?
Old 06-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #8
Reapp
Super Moderator

You do realize that not everyone lives and breathes this stuff right? While it may be all consuming to you and others, it is not to everyone else. But it doesn't really matter what the facts are, does it?
Old 06-02-2016, 11:27 PM   #9
TruePatriot

Yeah, right! No one knows who had them posted. Or will admit who was responsible. Chip is right! Just some unknown person! What cowardly BS! Yeah, "reading challenged"! Give me a break and get off your committees and start reading the State laws. We kinda know where it came from too! Check out Starbucks and a few others! You'll figure it out!
Old 06-02-2016, 11:29 PM   #10
TruePatriot

Just an "honest, innocent mistake" , no harm done, right?
Old 06-04-2016, 08:16 AM   #11
Musicman

Did I miss something about what statute was violated by posting the sign?
Old 06-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #12
Reapp
Super Moderator

If it had been posted by the city it would have been a violation of 411.209 GC. As it was not, there is no violation of law.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:26 AM   #13
TruePatriot

The "expert" still sticks to the story and excuse! But continues to ignore those responsible. That's what I love about the left and liberal thinkers. End of discussion. Not worth my time. Just a "minor" infraction of law that no one will admit responsibility. That's the popular "political correct" thing to do as usual. Same ol, same ol. Don't ya love it?
Closed Thread